- I will only use school IT equipment for activities agreed by school staff.
- I will not use my personal email address or other personal accounts in school when doing school work.
- I will not sign up for any online service on school devices unless this is an agreed part of a school project approved by my teacher and agreed by my parent/carer.
- I will only open email attachments if it has been approved by a member of school staff in school or a parent/carer out of school.
- In school I will only open or delete my files when told by a member of staff.
- I will not tell anyone other than my parents/carers my passwords. I will not use other people’s usernames or passwords to pretend to be them online.
- I will make sure that all online contact I make is responsible, polite and sensible. I will be kind and respectful at all times.
- If I come across anything upsetting, unpleasant or nasty, or anything that makes me feel unsafe, I will tell my teacher or my parent/carer immediately.
- If someone says, asks or posts about me anything upsetting, unpleasant or nasty, or anything that makes me feel unsafe, I will not reply. I will tell my teacher or my parent/carer immediately.
- I will not give out my own or other people’s personal information, including: name, phone number, home address, interests, schools or clubs. I will tell my teacher or parent/carer if anyone asks me online for personal information.
- Uploading or sending my image (photographs, videos, live streaming) online puts me at risk. I will always seek permission from my teacher or parent/carer if I wish to do this. I will not take, share or upload any image of anyone else without their permission and also, if they are a child, without their parent’s/carer’s permission.
- Even if I have permission, I will not upload any images, videos, sounds or words that could upset, now or in the future, any member of the school community, as this is cyberbullying.
- I understand that some people on the internet are not who they say they are and some people are not safe to be in contact with. I will not arrange to meet someone I only know on the internet. If someone asks to meet me, I will not reply to them and I will tell a teacher or a parent/carer immediately.
- I understand that everything I do or receive online can be traced now and in the future. I know it is important to build a good online reputation.
- I understand that some personal devices are allowed in school and some are not, and I will follow the rules. I will not assume that new devices can be brought into school without getting permission.
- I will not lie about my age in order to access games, apps or social networks that are for older people as this will put me at risk.
- I understand that these rules are designed to keep me safe now and in the future. If I break the rules my teachers will look into it and may need to take action.
Online Safety Rules
Permanent link to this article: http://sheredesprimary.herts.sch.uk/parents/online-safety-rules/